with Currency Trader
Two-page spread, four-color:
$5,000 - Includes eight web links
Full page, four-color:
$3,500 - Includes five web links
1/2 page horizontal:
$2,000 - Includes three web links
1/8-page (all 1/8-page ads appear on the same page):
$500 - Includes one web link
Rates of Additional Advertising OptionsGuaranteed position:
Additional Web links:
$100 additional per web link
Rich Media Elements:
$100 each, plus $100 per 100K file size (maximum file size allowed per ad is 500K)
Advertising Specifications (Dimensions for Each Ad Size)Two-page spread:
16-14 x 10-3/4
8-1/8 x 10-3/4
1/2 page horizontal:
8-1/8 x 5-3/8
2 x 5-3/8
Note: Currency Trader
is a PDF magazine, so no crop marks or bleeds are necessary. Simply set your file up to the size of your ad and send a high-resolution PDF.
The magazine is released around the 4th or 5th of the cover month, so the October issue is released around Oct. 4, and is featured as our "current issue" until roughly Nov. 4. When the November issue is released, the October issue becomes "last month's issue" on the site. All issues are downloadable for approximately 60 days -- 30 days as the current issue, and 30 as last month's issue.
Due on 20th of the month prior to the month of publication (Sept. 20 for the October issue).
Due on or before the 27th of the month prior to the month of
publication (Sept. 27 for the October issue). If the 27th falls on a
weekend, materials are due on the Friday before.
- PDF files
- PDF file size must be as small as possible.
- Insert links in your PDF or provide the URLs and linking instructions (i.e., link the logo to xyz.com) and we'll put the links in the file for you.
Rich Media Elements are layered over static content. A PDF of the full background page is always required because if the appropriate plug-in for the RME is not available only the static content will display. Avoid placing Rich Media Content at the right edge for right-read pages and left edge for left-read pages. RME may not span across multiple PDF pages such as spreads. NO STREAMING MEDIA.
Media File Formats
- Animation: Flash Player version 5 or lower - All links within the Flash file must be full path (e.g. http://www.currencytradermag.com/index). The .swf file must be self-containing. Avoid actions such as "Load movie" that call to other files.
- Audio: MP3 - Encode using 96 kilobits-per-second and above, using stereo mode and with constant bit-rate on.
- Video: MPEG1 (.mpeg/.mpg) - Encode using resolution around 352x240 at 350 kilobits-per-second and above. The audio section should be done at 96 kilobits-per-second and above, using stereo mode and with constant bit-rate on.
|For sales questions, please contact Bob Dorman
For production questions, please contact Molly Goad
Both can be contacted through the Contact Us form.